Thursday, April 3, 2014

Blog about bloggers talking about blogging.

Background

For my first blog post I chose to review the interview of Trine-Maria Kristensen.  Kristensen's blog, titled "hovedetpaabloggen", which means "Head on the Block" or "To Dare" in Danish is an outlet for her to help organizations understand social media and how to use it in their business ventures. The blog is mostly in Danish, but it does translate to English and she will answer questions in English.  Kristensen currently lives in Copenhagen with her husband where she continues to blog.

The Connection  

What I was drawn to in this article was her true passion for blogging that she conveyed through her textual voice.  She was constantly happy when discussing her blog- made evident by her use of smileys, ":-)", and her tone throughout.  In all of her answers she demonstrates her enjoyment for what she does on a regular basis, posting to her blog.  I found a connection to her in the sense that she was confused by blogging in the beginning.  It took her some time to become comfortable sharing her thoughts/ideas.  However, she is a success story and now is not shy about her opinions at all.  I hope the same will happen through this blog for me! She is often posting about what sites can do to improve. She most always provides useful feedback and links to the company so that they can see her feedback and hopefully engage in communication with her.  I like her attitude of not hurting the people she talks about, her mentality is more about constructive criticism. 

Loves her Readers First and Foremost

She has a genuine love for her readers and makes the comment, "I always say that I prefer to have 15 engaged readers to 1500 who don't care about me or my blog."  She likes the idea of blogging as a network which is truly the spirit of blogging.  Kristensen is a positive influence to blogging, she shares a passion for the community sense of the job and thrives on the opportunity to provoke discussion.  She uses her blog to promote positive change in order to help others,  "I often say that the more I blog the more naive I become. I truly believe that people can and will work together to change the world (or at least change organizations), and that we will come up with even better solutions when we work together."  I found her attitude to be refreshing.  She is a good example to follow of how to communicate effectively and positively through blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment